Thursday, 15 November 2012

Fire lighters.......

I've been wanting to make these for a while and then when I saw them in Country Living magazine, I just had to get on with it.....




what you need.....


tapers from craft shop or internet....



Pine cones......



wax, you can even use the old bits of candles ......


muffin cases...


essential oils...I used cinnamon, nutmeg, frankincense and orange.....


place the wax in a heatproof bowl stood inside a pan of simmering water...melt gently....


add your chosen essential oil....breathe deeply !! using the oils I chose makes the house smell very 
Christmassy !
Spoon or pour the melted wax into the paper muffin cases ...stand them in a muffin tray if you have one...or maybe an egg box.....
Add a taper to each one ...fill to about half full..
Leave to set a little and then gently place a fir cone into each...


leave to cool..about 12 hours...



I'm leaving the paper cases on because I think they look cute but you could remove them and decorate the fire lighters how you wish !






Thanks to all my lovely visitors and followers...
wishing you all a nice Thursday evening ...
Gail x

11 comments:

  1. This is so nice...but can you burn it ??....please tell me i do not understand......hmmmm...Ria ia my name...hahahahaha!!...xxx...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can burn them...use them to start your fire !! but they so pretty I will keep mine till Christmas and then use them ! Gail x

      Delete
  2. Very nice firelights!
    Hugs
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a 'Fab' idea Mrs!
    love the essential oils you have used too...
    Do you burn them on the fire though Gail, as they seem to pretty for this!
    Am thinking they are just for show! Ooh pleasee do tell! hehe..
    love Maria x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Maria...no not just for show ....although I feel a bit like hoarding them !! Gail x

      Delete
  4. I've seen these before Gail, they're lovely, but I only have a pretend wood burner, so no good for me :[

    Hope you enjoyed Sunday, was lovely to see you, and hope you can make next Sunday?

    What did you think of K tonight?

    Love Claire xx


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Claire..lovely to see you last Sunday !....I enjoyed K more tonight although it seemed a bit mixed up ie....1950's became fin de siecle in one move ??? but I liked the Rachel Ashwell style bedroom ! Let's see what next week brings....
      Gail x

      Delete
  5. What a great idea! I bet your house smelled wonderful making these! We love having a nice fire, so I just may have to try this! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea for Christmas gifts, Gail, and I can imagine how wonderful it must smell!!! Thanks for sharing the instructions with all of us!
    Hugs,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya i love these but maybe they are too nice to burn !!
    hugs Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant idea, Gail! So artistic and creative! Love it!
    xxxk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...